Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day with the monkeys... and the animals in the trees, also called monkeys.

Valentine's day started early when we woke up at 6 am to go eat breakfast near the beach at a beautiful hotel in Playa Hermosa to see and hear the 'Howler monkeys.' Just for the record, Jason was the hardest to get up. Me and the kids were in the car honking the horn and Jason replied, "These better be awesome monkeys to get me up this early in the morning!" The monkeys howl like you wouldn't believe and they are SO cute! Jen can do an awesome impression. The kids were SO excited to see them jump from tree-to-tree, like this picture. I was lucky to catch that shot as you blink and you miss them flying through the air. They could jump SO far from tiny branches. We saw several baby monkeys, always right by an adult monkey. The monkeys are the easiest to find between 6 and 7 am. The kids also had to go to school, so we had to get up early to eat at the wonderful buffet offered there. I got some great shots! And look at those four cute monkeys posing in their uniforms for school! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jen!! Sounds like your family is living it up! I'm so proud of all of you. I'm glad my dad isn't the only one who packs up his fam and leaves. Its the best! (We started calling him Father Lehi after a while... I'm sure Jason would appreciate the new nickname). Your kids are going to remember this forever. I want to visit! Put me on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA Jen!! I am so happy you have a blog started!! I love the monkeys, especially the cute little girl one ;) we miss her! Keep up the good work and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete